How to treat each other online
You might want to voice your opinion loud and clear about a certain issue. But remember: there are always a range of different opinions on any given issue. People have different dispositions, which are shaped by their various life experiences. So it's absolutely vital to take other people's opinions into account and respect their points of view, to express yourself properly and to present considered arguments instead of ranting and insulting others.
The following guidelines are intended to help you assess what kind of comments are suitable on this portal.
The following will not be tolerated:
1. Nonsensical or silly text and comments that are completely unrelated to the topic of the article.
2. Comments used to promote your own products or the products of third parties. Spam is likewise not allowed.
3. Links to external websites. Exceptions will be made if the links add something to the discussion.
4. Illegal content: In particular, this relates to
-slander and comments intended to damage a person's reputation (malicious gossip, insults, defamation, etc.), statements intended to damage a business' reputation, swear words and abusive language
-racist, radical and sexist comments, pornographic comments and statements glorifying violence.
-obviously incorrect statements
-use of copyright protected content (e.g. copying text from an online newspaper article)
-encouraging or assisting others to commit a criminal offence
Examples: "Someone should throw a hand grenade in that bastard's house." Instructions on how to produce explosive devices, narcotics, etc.
5. The user is advised that they are not permitted to publish content that is directly or indirectly connected to the following areas:
-job offers aimed at network marketing
-gambling, fast profits, pyramid schemes, etc.
-diets or weight loss
-nightclubs, adult clubs
-sale of drugs or pharmaceuticals
-other content that contravenes existing laws, poses a threat to computer systems, or violates the general Internet code of conduct.
This list is not exhaustive. Swisscom retains the right to exclude or remove content from the publication for reasons beyond those listed here.