How to collect email addresses for your newsletter
Email newsletters enable you to address customers quickly, easily and inexpensively and regularly send them relevant information. Special offer links that lead directly to your own online store can also encourage sales. You can also use tracking software to determine how many recipients clicked on a link in your newsletter. Observe the click rate over a longer period of time to figure out how to improve the newsletter.
Of course it's also possible to start a newsletter without a list of email addresses. Here are a few tips on how to use your website to collect email addresses for your newsletter:
- Name one good and concrete reason why someone should provide their email address.
- Only request their email address. This lowers the anxiety caused by the sight of long forms. Only ask for additional information, such as their name and title, on the confirmation page that appears immediately afterwards.
- Win their trust. Assure the visitor that they can easily unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. Emphasise the fact that the data will not be shared.
- Be transparent about the frequency and content of the newsletter.
- Make them curious and present an archive of past newsletters.
- In return, offer downloads of additional information such as whitepapers.
- State clearly that the newsletter will only be sent once the confirmation link is clicked in the confirmation email.
Again, it is important to use the right tools. Tweasy is an SME Business World Marketplace app that allows you to easily create email and smartphone campaigns – and it won't cost you the earth.